Android and React Native Developer
Samaritan, Throughout 2016 - 2018
Developed the two Samaritan Android apps (user-facing and partner-facing) from initial MVPs to refined products in 13 months across three periods of contract work. Coordinated across the organization to translate business needs into specifications appropriate for iOS, Android, and backend developers. Worked with bluetooth beacons, payment processors, and other technologies.
- Designed and implemented front-end views for corporate matching which led to over $4,800 in additional donations to homeless individuals in the first 2 years of the program.
- Interfaced between the marketing team and developers to understand business requirements, write technical specifications, and measure KPIs for user referral feature.
- Created cross-platform framework that allows smooth transitions between React Native and platform-native (iOS or Android code) views.
- Proposed, designed, and implemented extensible "Stories" feature that simplifies onboarding and enables announcements.
- Integrated real-time form sync functionality to minimize data loss.