R Tutor (INFO 201) at University of Washington (Mar 2018 - May 2018) | Andrey Butenko
See more of my work experience
Supporting students in INFO 201: Technical Foundations of Informatics course. Running weekly homework help sessions for 25 students at a time as part of the University of Washington's CLUE program.
- Teaching the programming language R to students with diverse skill levels, including students who have never done programming before.
- Support students stuck on programming problems through a few means:
- Conversation: Discussing the desired outcome and how to accomplish it step-by-step.
- Diagramming: Turning those steps into code on paper.
- Code Samples: Preparing cheatsheets and code samples for common tasks.
- Teaching tools for interactive data visualization, including dplyr, shiny, and ggplot2.
- Covering general software development concepts including Git and APIs.
- Scheduling meetings with individual students and teams requiring additional help.